For those looking to take someone special out for a romantic meal this Valentine’s Day, we’re calling on diners to lock in their reservations this weekend based on new insights from its Valentine’s Day dining data.
According to 2017 Valentine’s Day dining data, OpenTable has seen that Valentine’s Day reservations are made on average 11 days in advance of the holiday. This marks Saturday, February 3rd as ‘ValenDine’s Day,’ and makes this weekend the perfect time to book Valentine’s Day reservations.
Other Valentine’s Day data insights include:
- 11:00 a.m. local time, 11 days in advance, was the most popular time on average to search for and book reservations for Valentine’s Day.
- Italian topped the list as the most booked cuisine followed by American / Contemporary American and Steakhouse.
- The most popular reservation time for Valentine’s Day was 7 p.m.
- Almost 50% of reservations were booked via mobile.
- Approximately 40% of reservations were booked in the week leading up to the holiday.