Getting into hot restaurant at prime times just got easier. OpenTable has partnered with Capital One to bring diners Premium Access, your all-access pass to coveted time slots at the hottest restaurants.
What is Premium Access?
It can be tough to score prime time reservations at the trendiest places in town, and Premium Access is here to help with that. The idea is that Capital One cardholders and OpenTable users with enough Dining Points will now get access to that popular 8 p.m. reservation on a Friday night, for example.
“We are constantly looking for ways to enhance our OpenTable Rewards program,” says OpenTable CTO Joseph Essas. “Just last year, we announced the ability to use OpenTable Dining Points for hotel savings on KAYAK. Whether you’re looking to save on travel or impress your friends with that tough-to-get restaurant reservation, we want to give our diners more options when redeeming their dining Points.”
So before you make a desperate plea to the maître d’ for that must-have table, remember that all you need to book that hot table is our app and your OpenTable points. Or, if you’re a Capital One cardholder, you can unlock these exclusive reservations for free and pocket those points for later.
How does it work?
Unlocking this exclusive access to top tables happens in one of two ways: Simply by being a Capital One cardholder, or by using OpenTable dining points. Booking a Premium Access table is super simple. You can make your first reservation in just a few easy steps:
- Download the OpenTable App or update it to the latest version.
- Scroll to the “Premium Access” carousel on the home screen.
- Browse the list of participating restaurants and select where you’d like to dine. Premium Access time slots are marked in purple.
- Diners with enough OpenTable Points can redeem and book a Premium Access reservation. Or, if you’re a Capital One cardholder, you can verify your card and book a premium table without using your points.
- Your points, if using, will then be deducted from your OpenTable Rewards account and you’re all set to seat your reservation.
Where can I use it?
Premium Access is available in select cities across the United States, with more than 200 participating restaurants in full here. We’ve got a host of crave-worthy restaurants on our Premium Access list, but here are a few names in various metros to give you an idea of what we’re working with:
- Chicago: BLVD, Boka, Carnivale, Chicago Cut Steakhouse, Eden, GT Fish and Oyster, Jeong, Momotaro, Siena Tavern, Vivere
- Los Angeles: 71Above, AOC, Atrium, Broken Spanish, Delilah, Here’s Looking at You, Lucques, The Tower Bar, Republique
- New York City: Bowery Meat Company, Crown Shy, La Esquina, LArtusi, Sushi Ginza Onodera, The Loyal, Tribeca Grill
- San Francisco: Eight Tables by George Chen, Delfina, Fiorella, Nightbird, Slanted Door, Spruce, State Bird Provisions
- Washington D.C.: 1789, Bresca, Farmers Fishers Bakers, Harold Black, Iron Gate, Kith / Kin, Mi Vida, Ottoman Taverna
Still have more questions? See if they’re answered here. Then, take advantage of this latest OpenTable perk and tell us about your Premium Access experience here in the comments or over on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter. Also, remember to snap + share pics of your favorite dishes with us on Instagram using #MyOpenTable for a chance to win in our monthly giveaway.
Legal footnote: To book Premium Access Reservations with a Capital One card, you must use an eligible Capital One Visa or Mastercard credit card. The Capital One Premium Access Reservations program ends on November 19, 2020, at 11:59 PM PST. Reservations are limited and are first come, first serve.