Join our 8th Appiversary celebration! To celebrate the launch of the OpenTable app in 2008, we’ll be giving away gifts to eight winners over eight days, plus sharing food fortunes, starting on November 15.
Here’s how to get enter for a chance to win. Launch the OpenTable app anytime between November 15-22, and either book a reservation for any future meal OR, give our in-app Table of Fate feature a spin and share your food fortune on Twitter using the hashtag #Appiversary8Contest with @OpenTable mentioned. One entry per social network per person each day allowed. Be sure to follow us on Twitter so we can contact you via direct message if you’ve won a prize.One U.S.-based winner will be selected at random each day. In total, eight lucky winners will each receive a $100 OpenTable Gift.
In eight years, OpenTable’s apps have come a long way, with apps available across the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Amazon Appstore in multiple countries. App users get last-minute access to great restaurants and the freedom to make and manage reservations anytime, anywhere. Discovering and booking at more restaurants around the world has never been easier.
You’re invited to get the free OpenTable app and join the celebration today! Enter for a chance to win. Full terms and conditions after the jump.
OpenTable 2016 Appiversary Giveaway: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Introduction: The OpenTable 2016 Appiversary Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is organized by OpenTable, Inc. (“OpenTable”), located at 1 Montgomery Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94104.
These rules are the terms and conditions of the Giveaway (“Rules”). By entering the Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these Rules. If you do not agree with any of the Rules then you should not enter the Giveaway.
- Eligibility: You are eligible to enter the Giveaway if you are a resident of the United States and if you are at least 18 years of age. Employees of OpenTable or its affiliates and anyone else professionally connected with this Giveaway, and members of their respective immediate families (to include, parent, sibling, spouse and child) are not eligible to win the Prize(s) (as defined below). Any such entries will be invalid. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Entry Period: The Giveaway begins on November 15, 2016, at 6:00 A.M. (ET) and will end on November 22, 2016, at 11:00 P.M. (ET) (“Entry Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter the Giveaway, during the Entry Period, from the OpenTable mobile app either (1) book a restaurant reservation for any future meal OR (2) play the 8th Appiversary spin the wheel game to receive a food fortune and share your food fortune directly from the OpenTable mobile app on Twitter with the hashtag #appiversary8contest and mention @OpenTable. Limit one (1) submission per person per day. If you enter by booking a reservation, you must honor the reservation. Proof of sending will not be considered proof of receipt. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. You must have the OpenTable app to enter the Giveaway. The OpenTable app is free to download. You must have a Twitter account and abide by Twitter’s terms and conditions in order to enter via Twitter. Twitter is free to join.
- Winner Selection: Eight (8) winners (each, a “Winner”) will be determined by a random drawing from among all eligible entries received with one (1) Winner selected each day of the Giveaway. OpenTable’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway. Odds of winning depend on the actual number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email to the email address associated with their OpenTable account (if a Winner entered by booking a reservation) or by a tweet from @OpenTable to the Twitter account that submitted a winning tweet (if a Winner entered via Twitter). If a potential winner is unreachable for 24 hours after the first attempt to contact such winner or is unable to attend, OpenTable may award the Prize(s) to an alternate entrant. To claim the Prize(s), a Winner must complete and sign an “Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release” within 48 hours of notification, or an alternate winner may (in OpenTable’s sole discretion) be selected. OpenTable’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to the Giveaway.
- Prize: Each Winner will receive a $100 OpenTable Gift Card. The approximate retail value of either the OpenTable gift card is: $100 (the “Prize”), and the total approximate retail value of all Prizes is $800. The Winners will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. No cash equivalent or alternative prize will be given and Prize(s) is non-transferable and non-exchangeable, except in OpenTable’s sole discretion. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees, including transportation, and accommodations associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner(s). OpenTable will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of any Winner’s acceptance or use of any Prize.
- Winners List: To receive a list of Winners for the Giveaway, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to OpenTable, Inc., Attn: Marketing Department — 2016 Appiversary Giveaway, 1 Montgomery Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests for results must be received by December 31, 2016.
- Conditions: By entering the Giveaway, you hereby warrant that all the information submitted by you is true, current and complete. OpenTable reserves the right to ask for proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time, and may carry out checks of any details provided.
All entries become the property of OpenTable and will not be acknowledged or returned. You must have the permission of any person that you identify or otherwise refer to in your entry. By entering the Giveaway, entrants grant OpenTable the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the entry and to incorporate the entry in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to OpenTable and that OpenTable’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the entry will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. If any entry contains material that is offensive, violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, or racially or morally offensive or if any entry does not comply with these Rules or meet OpenTable’s standards for any reason, as determined by OpenTable in its sole discretion, such entry may be rejected as ineligible for consideration and/or deleted. Entries must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. OpenTable shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the entry.
In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the validity of the information supplied by the entrant, or the operation of any part of the Giveaway, the decision of OpenTable shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Liability and Release: OpenTable does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any entrant howsoever arising from participating in the Giveaway or of accepting any prize whether due to any error, omission or other cause by OpenTable, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless OpenTable and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, and employees and agents, and Twitter (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Giveaway and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize; (c) if selected as a winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name and/or blog user name on the OpenTable website and the use by Released Parties of such entrants name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Giveaway itself, and to be bound by all decisions of OpenTable, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Giveaway at OpenTable’s sole discretion.
IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- Organizer: The sponsor of the Giveaway is OpenTable, Inc.
- Non-Affiliation: This Giveaway is in no way organized, sponsored, endorsed, or associated with Twitter.
- Governing Law: The Giveaway shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. The Federal and State courts located in the county of San Francisco, California will be the exclusive venue for any disputes under the Giveaway, and you hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
- Additional Terms: OpenTable reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any Giveaway or any other promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Giveaway or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by OpenTable, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
OpenTable shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of prize due to reasons beyond OpenTable’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof.
The failure of OpenTable to comply with any provision of these Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of OpenTable (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Rules.
Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned.
OpenTable reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Giveaway or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, OpenTable reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on OpenTable’s website. OpenTable may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Giveaway, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, OpenTable, or OpenTable’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by OpenTable in their sole discretion). OpenTable reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Giveaway.
Vannie Shu leads global product marketing for consumer platforms, content, and discovery at OpenTable. Her favorite guilty pleasure foods include nacho cheese dip and chicharrónes.