As you raise a glass to the special mom in your life on Mother’s Day, we invite you to think beyond the Bloody Mary. We’ve rounded up 10 refreshing craft Mother’s Day cocktails from some of the OpenTable 2015 Top 100 Best Brunch Restaurants in America to make Sunday even more delicious.
1. Absolutely Smashing at Lokal, Chicago, Illinois: Orange vodka, pineapple, and orange juice combine for a decidedly adult way to start the day.
2. The California Cooler at Great Maple, San Diego, California: Strained over ice, this cooler with fresh-pressed watermelon juice, mint, lemon press, agave, and organic Square One cucumber vodka will help you chill out.
3. Cucumber Delight at Founding Farmers, Tysons, Virginia: American Harvest vodka is mixed with the fresh flavors of Domaine de Canton, cucumbers, and cantaloupe (pictured).
4. Dirty Gertie at Gertrude’s, Baltimore, Maryland: Get down with a dirty blend of lemon peel-infused Tito’s vodka, ‘dirty Gertie’ mix, Old Bay-dusted shrimp, and an Old Bay-seasoned rim.
5. Duck, Duck, Goose at Echo and Rig Steakhouse & Butcher Shop, Las Vegas, Nevada: With a blend of Ketel One Oranje and fresh pomegranate arils, and muddled with fresh lime juice, agave nectar, and mint bitters, this almost sounds like a health drink. Almost.
6. Pimm’s Cup at Rosebud, Atlanta, Georgia: Drink like the royal family with Pimm’s, lemonade, fresh citrus, mint, and cucumber. PS: Don’t forget to raise a glass to Charlotte.
7. Pistol Punsch at Root & Bone, New York, New York: Sugar moonshine, black tea, cardamom, and pineapple come together for a Southern-style wake-up call on Mother’s Day.
8. Raspberry Collins at Home Restaurant-Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California: Seagram’s gin is mixed with fresh raspberries, freshly squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup, and a splash of soda for effervescent enjoyment.
9. Southern Spice at Big Jones, Chicago, Illinois: Made with D’Aristi anejo rum, tequila, lime juice, Crystal hot sauce, cane syrup, and soda, this cocktail is where sour, spice, and sweet meet.
10. Strawberry Basil Mojito at Chez Zee, Austin, Texas: Savor spring with fresh muddled strawberries and basil expertly stirred with Treaty Oak rum.
And, don’t forget to enter the #MomsFaveMeal Mother’s Day giveaway for a chance to win one of 10 $150 OpenTable Gifts — so you can treat your mom or mother-in-law to a meal on us!