Spring officially sprung last week, and one of its hallmark ingredients that most excites chefs and diners alike are ramps. Also known as wild leeks, garlicky ramps can be served dozens of different ways. Actually, there are probably hundreds of ways to enjoy them. See what diners are saying about ramps in select OpenTable reviews from the last seven days!
* Alligator Soul, Atlanta, Georgia: “The rabbit five ways was a treat well tied together with dirty rice and served with crisp haricot verts and ramps.”
* Island Creek Oyster Bar, Boston, Massachusetts: “My Maine halibut on risotto, fresh english peas, muscadine grapes and grilled ramps was the star! Every bite was like velvet and such fresh spring flavor.”
* Maialino, New York, New York: “Pasta was sublime (made with fresh ramps). Meat dishes were good. Chicken was actually better than their signature pork. Will return.”
* MarketHouse, Chicago, Illinois: “The dishes used a very good variety of seasonal ingredients to come up with flavorful results. They just started their spring menu and the wild ramps were excellent.”
* Naha, Chicago, Illinois: “Two ramps sitting on top [of my rib eye] were the most tasty component.”