With Valentine’s Day almost a week away, we are pleased to release our rankings of the 25 Most Romantic Cities in the United States. While we may typically think of our largest cities as magnets for romance seekers, our analysis revealed that romance thrives in cities and communities of all sizes. In order to provide a ranking of cities where romantic dining is inherently part of the culture, the OpenTable Most Romantic Cities Index was calculated using three variables: the percentage of restaurants rated “romantic” according to OpenTable diner reviews; the percentage of tables seated for two; and the percentage of people who dined out for Valentine’s Day last year.
Today’s Spotlight savings offers include…
* Providence: $25 for $50 of dazzling contemporary cuisine at Cafe Nuovo on Riverwalk. Buy now!
* Denver: $25 for $56 four-course Thai for two at Wild Bangkok Bar and Grill in LoDo. Buy now!
* San Diego: $30 for $60 of delightful oceanside dining at Poseidon in Del Mar. Buy now!
Mid-week steals on meals…
* Atlanta: $20 for $40 of Middle Eastern flavors at Fanoos Persian Cuisine in Sandy Springs. Buy now!
* Boston area: $25 for $50 of romantic Italian cuisine at The Blue Grotto in Providence, Rhode Island. Buy now!
* Los Angeles: OpenTable diners save 40% on events and packages at The Taste, an all-new event coming September 2-5, 2011, and brought to you by the Los Angeles Times and Food & Wine. Purchase discounted passes to Burgers + Beer, the festival’s kick-off event on September 2. 2011. Also, save almost half on a host of other The Taste events, including The Art of Mixing, Secrets from the Cellar, Taco Tequila Tryst, Fashion Bites Brunch, Street Eats, Food Noir,Desserts After Dark, Night Crawl Package, and Hollywood Package.
* San Francisco: $61 for $88 the September 18th five-course wild game feast at Piacere in San Carlos. Buy now!
And, our Spotlight offer in New York at Osso Bucco shines for a few more hours. Don’t miss it!
Today’s ways to dine at a discount…
* Chicago: $20 for $40 of porcine-inspired delights at The Piggery, famous for its Flintsone-sized ribs. Buy now.
* Denver-area: $169 for a $341 cozy escape at Wildflowers Restaurant and Hilltop Inn in Broomfield. Buy now.
* Philadelphia: $111 for a $185 five-course dinner + wine pairings for two at Panevino in Reading. Buy now.
* Providence: $25 for $50 of sophisticated European classics at Capriccio in this Financial District fave. Buy now.
* Washington, D.C- area: $20 for $40 of locally sourced American comforts at The Daily Dish in Silver Springs, Maryland. Buy now.