Our friends at the James Beard Foundation have released their list of nominees for the 2011 James Beard Foundation Awards, otherwise known as the “Oscars” of the food world. Congratulations — and good luck — to all the nominees and honorees. Use the links below to reserve at the nominated restaurants to select your own set of winners. And, remember, you — Yes, you! — can dine at the James Beard House. Learn more, here!
Best New Restaurant
A restaurant opened in 2010 that already displays excellence in food, beverage, and service and is likely to have a significant impact on the industry in years to come.
Outstanding Chef Award
A working chef in America whose career has set national industry standards and who has served as an inspiration to other food professionals. Candidates must have been working as chefs for at least the past 5 years.
* José Andrés, minibar, Washington, D.C.
* Gary Danko, Restaurant Gary Danko, San Francisco, CA
* Suzanne Goin, Lucques, Los Angeles, CA
* Paul Kahan, Blackbird, Chicago, IL
* Charles Phan, The Slanted Door, San Francisco, CA