There’s more to Easter than eggs and candy — there are also Bloody Marys and mimosas! We jest (sort of), but, really, Easter Sunday is the ultimate dining day, with delicious options for lively brunches and dinners, specials, and super-fun extras for the under-12 set. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites in cities around the U.S. to give you an idea of how special the day can be when you spend it at a restaurant near you.
* Local Three, Atlanta, Georgia: Kids five and under eat free at Local Three, children 5-12 dine for half price, and there are not one but TWO Easter egg hunts. See all Easter specials in the Atlanta area.
* Odyssey Cruises, Boston, Massachusetts: While adults will like raising a complimentary glass of Champagne at brunch, the kids will love a visit from the Easter Bunny, a balloon artist, goodie bags, and an ice-cream sundae bar. See all Easter specials in the Boston area.
* 676 Restaurant and Bar, Chicago, Illinois: Keep your eye on the prize at the grand buffet at 676, which includes a mimosa on the house along with the chance to win a chef’s table for two with wine pairings. See all Easter specials in the Chicago area.
* Resto Gastro Bistro at Trinity Groves, Dallas, Texas: Dine with your dog and dive into the ‘make your own Bloody Mary’ bar at Easter brunch on RGB’s canine-friendly patio. See all Easter specials in the Dallas area.
* The Corner Office Restaurant and Martini Bar, Denver, Colorado: The kids can keep busy at a free Easter egg coloring station while the adults can take advantage of bottomless mimosas and a Bloody Mary bar at brunch. See all Easter specials in the Denver area.
* MAX’s Wine Dive-Washington Avenue, Houston, Texas: The Easter Bunny is in the house, or rather, on the menu at MAX’s: A rabbit mole with mashed potatoes and green beans awaits at dinner. See all Easter specials in the Houston area.
* Foundation Room House of Blues, Las Vegas, Nevada: Put your hands in the air at the House of Blues gospel brunch. And keep your eye out for a visit from the Easter Bunny who’ll be bearing sweet treats and prizes for children. See all Easter specials in the Las Vegas area.
* bambu Restaurant, Newport Beach, California: The lavish buffet at bambu features a ham carving station and a chocolate waffle station. Again, a chocolate waffle station, folks! See all Easter specials in the Los Angeles area.
* Tanzy, Boca Raton, Florida: Celebrate the day with a trip to Italy by way of chef Brian Nelson’s three-course artisan meal and “the hipster bunny.” We don’t know exactly what a hipster bunny is, but my guess is that he’s sporting skinny jeans. See all Easter specials in the Miami area.
* Faces Mears Park, St. Paul, Minnesota: There’s nowhere like Paris in the springtime, but the Easter Parisian brunch at Faces, which includes French desserts, may be the next best thing. See all Easter specials in the Minneapolis area.Continue Reading