More than a few folks I know have given up on watching Top Chef this season, but we’re going the distance, if only because there aren’t many episodes left.
1. Hey! It’s Bob Kramer. Whom I have never heard of. But apparently he’s a Master Bladesmith. I’m never sure who determines these things when they are contemporary distinctions, but, okay. Master Bladesmith!
2. The QFC is actually interesting this week as it involves real knife skills — sharpening, doing tournage, and taking down a rabbit.
3. If you ask 10 chefs how to sharpen a knife, you will get 10 different opinions.
4. John Tesar can turn potatoes like the seasoned pro he is, but it was not enough to carry his team of three.
5. Micah wins the QFC, which yields him a $4,000 knife and immunity.Continue Reading