The dog days of summer may not be here, but the savings days are! Restaurant weeks are happening now, and whether you’re on the road, or staying close to home, you won’t want to miss your chance to enjoy steals on meals this month.
* Houston Restaurant Weeks starts NOW! Enjoy $20 + $35 brunches, $20 lunches, and $35 + $45 dinners through September 2.
* Baltimore Restaurant Week is back. Don’t miss $15.13 two-course lunches and $20.13 or $30.13 three-course dinners through August 4.
* Atlanta Downtown Restaurant Week is heating up. Reserve for $15, $25, and $35 prix-fixe lunches and dinners through August 4.
* Bethesda-Chevy Chase Restaurant Week has begun. Snap up $12 and $16 lunches and $33 dinners, July 29-August 4.
* Howard County Restaurant Weeks have begun. Book for special prix-fixe menus from $10.13-$40.13 through August 5.
* Taste of Burlington in Ontario is going strong. $15-$20 lunches and $30 – $40 dinners through August 5.
* New York City Restaurant Week continues. Snap up three-course $25 lunches and $38 dinners through August 16.
* Pittsburgh Restaurant Week kicks off on August 12th! Don’t miss steals on meals in the Steel City through August 18.
* Costa Mesa Restaurant Week reservations are live. Reserve today for up to 40% off on gourmet meals at Costa Mesa’s best eateries, August 16-23.
Is cauliflower the new Brussels sprout? If these reviews are any indication, it’s certainly looking that way — and it’s unsurprising. They’re both members of the brassicaceae, or cabbage, family. And they’re both quite diverse ingredients, although cauliflower might be even more so, due to its size and texture. Used in everything from purees and soups to pasta sauces and fritters, cauliflower has gotten a promotion to standalone entree, especially in the form of savory steaks. Cauliflower’s origins in upscale cookery date all the way back to La Varenne’s Le Cuisinier François. While the most common varietal is white, green, orange, and purple cultivars are growing in popularity. They each taste very similar to one another, but the more colorful cauliflowers contain more nutrients and antioxidants. Whichever you enjoy, and however it is prepared, cauliflower is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Find out what OpenTable diners are saying about this delicious vegetable in recent reviews.
* Bar Tartine, San Francisco, California: “Love the mason jar presentation of pickled vegetables; curried cauliflower was our favorite.”
* Brasserie Max & Julie, Houston, Texas: “I had the special, which was a grilled halibut, and my boyfriend had the salmon — both were great. The cauliflower gratin was yummy, too!”
* Cerulean, Indianapolis, Indiana: “Would definitely recommend the cauliflower fritas (they look like fried mozzarella, but it’s pureed cauliflower instead).”
* Davanti Enoteca, Scottsdale, Arizona: “We enjoyed the cauliflower steak and the truffle egg toast; they both were delicious.”
* The Eclectic Restaurant-Bar-Lounge, North Hollywood, California: “The fried cauliflower on the late-night menu was amazing!”
* Elizabeth on 37th, Savannah, Georgia: “Delectable dinner — amazing touches! The snapper was perfect, accompanied with a heavenly, melt-in-your-mouth cauliflower-goat cheese flan.”
Happenings on and around OpenTable…
* We’ve teamed up with Tennis Channel to create a US Open NYC Dining Guide. Learn when to tune in and where to dine out.
* Now trending on OpenTable restaurant reviews? Kale.
* With which top-seeded US Open tennis player would you most like to dine? Vote in this week’s poll!
* Did you dine with the stars recently? Learn which OpenTable restaurants received visits from celebs lately.
* Did you send the Tweet of the Week? Find out!
* Houston Restaurant Weeks are happening now! Don’t miss two-course $20 lunches and three-course $35 dinners through 8/31.
* NYC Go Prix Fixe has arrived. Celebrate dining with $24.07 lunches and $35.00 dinners in the Big Apple through September 3.
* Dallas-Fort Worth KRLD Restaurant Week has been extended! Take advantage of delicious prix-fixe dinners for $35, through September 2.
* Washington, D.C. Restaurant Week is extended, too! Book now for $20.12 lunches + $35.12 dinners.
* Miami Spice is heating up. $19 or $22 lunches and $33 or $39 dinners through September 30.
* COOLINARY New Orleans has started. Reserve to enjoy special menus at discounts, August 1-31.