I’ve had tacos on my brain since Tuesday (and not just because of taco Tuesdays). You see, that’s when I had one of executive chef Dan Kluger’s most perfect mushroom tacos (among other perfect dishes) at ABC Cocina. It was gone in 60 seconds, but what a ride. Mole, kale, and lime round out the mushrooms and corn tortilla, and, if I’m being honest, I could probably have eaten five or six without stopping. In my mind, tacos are like sandwiches — the ideal foundation upon which you can layer flavors and ingredients to create a yummy, portable, eat-it-with-your-hands, often-one-of-a-kind delight. While most Mexican restaurants serve tacos, other restaurants do, too. See what your fellow diners are saying about the tasty tacos they’ve ordered in recent restaurant reviews.
* ABC Cocina, New York, New York: “We had the shrimp, chorizo-stuffed calamari, mushroom tacos, and fish tacos (grilled). We also had the mango iced tea and the homemade ginger soda. Everything was seasoned perfectly, cooked just right, and presented quite beautifully.”
* Cantina Feliz, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania: “Husband ordered the carnitas tacos for the first time; liked it so much he ordered another to go also so our son could try them.”
* COCO500, San Francisco, California: “Coco500 has a wonderful range of dishes that are terrific for sharing and ever-so-tasty. The fried green beans, mole tacos, truffled mushroom flatbread, and a fantastic New York strip with arugula, perfectly cooked and sliced for sharing, are all absolute must-haves.”
* Del Frisco’s Grille, Atlanta, Georgia: “The ahi tuna tacos are fantastic — highly recommend those!”
* Harper’s Table, Suffolk, Virginia: “We are all Hampton Roads, Virginia, natives so we love the hint of ‘heritage’ cooking, and the new twists- – fried oyster tacos!! Highly recommended.”