What’s on our minds — and on OpenTable — this week…
* Do you love your mother? Do you
tolerate love your mother-in-law? Of course you do! So, book a primo table for Mother’s Day today to show up your siblings and in-laws win brownie points and bragging rights on May 8th.
* And, if you haven’t noticed all those Peeps on the shelves at Duane Reade, Easter is around the corner! Check your local metro start page for Easter specials in your area.
* We still can’t stop drooling over revered San Francisco Chronicle critic and food writer Michael Bauer’s Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants 2011 list. If you’ve (or when you’ve) been to all of ’em, let us know. We may have a crown for you somewhere. Or, some Spanx.
* This should be music to your ears! Austin Restaurant Week is on like Tron. Featuring multi-course $10-$15 lunches and $25-$35 dinners, Austin Restaurant Week runs April 10-13 and April 17-20, 2011.
* Sad about the end of Dine Around Seattle? We are, too! Thankfully, Seattle Restaurant Week is here. The Emerald City’s finest restaurants are serving up three-course dinners for just $28, while many are also offering three-course lunches for a mere $15! Seattle Restaurant Week runs April 10-14 and April 17-21.
* The D.C. cherry blossom trees are blossoming and local chefs are celebrating with Cherry Picks, featuring special dishes and cocktails. Cherry Picks ends on April 20, 2011.
* From the “Ugh!” files: It’s almost Tax Day. Boo! But, wait, whoo! Selected restaurants around Cleveland are taking pity on you with $10.40 menu items, this Friday through May 15, 2011! If you can expense it to your boss, you’ll save even more. Take that, Uncle Sam!