With thousands of restaurants from which to choose, OpenTable Gifts is the easiest and most convenient way to send the special mom in your life a personalized online gift card to her favorite restaurants. And, you don’t need to even do the choosing. When you visit https://gifts.opentable.com, if you select “Choose a restaurant,” you pick the city, the restaurant, and the amount. If you select “Let your friend choose,” you can buy a gift card that is good at any participating restaurant; you only decide on the amount. The gifts will be delivered via email, either instantly or at a future date. You can also print the gift card to present it to mom in person.
You love your mom! You love your city! And, you love dining out! But does your hometown measures up against other U.S. cities when it comes to celebrating Mother’s Day in the most delicious of ways? Find out with our 2015 city rankings.
Based on OpenTable restaurant reservations, the top 25 cities that dine out the most on Mother’s Day per capita, in order, are:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Washington D.C
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Alexandria, Virginia
- San Francisco, California
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Orlando, Florida
- Boulder, Colorado
- Bellevue, Washington
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Seattle, Washington
- Denver, Colorado
- Berkeley, California
- San Mateo, California
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Tampa, Florida
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Portland, Oregon
- Chicago, Illinois
Just in time to find the perfect place to celebrate Mother’s Day, we’re pleased to announce the 2015 Top 100 Best Brunch Restaurants in America. These awards reflect the combined opinions of more than 5 million restaurant reviews submitted by verified OpenTable diners for more than 20,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Despite the term “brunch” being coined by an English writer, brunch is very much an American institution, thus it isn’t surprising that American fare dominates the winning menus. Restaurants showcasing French, fusion, Creole, Irish, and southern cuisines, among others, are present, as well. Check out 10 of the most delicious brunch dishes from this year’s honorees below.
From restaurants in popular hotels to eateries serving playful spins on brunch staples, the complete list features winning restaurants in 30 states and Washington, D.C., and includes Garden Court in San Francisco, Rosebud in Atlanta, and Sarabeth’s TriBeCa in New York. New York claims the greatest number of winning restaurants with 15, followed by California with 14 and Florida with eight. Washington State has seven winning restaurants, while Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C., have five apiece. Georgia, North Carolina, and Texas have four. Colorado, Illinois, Nevada, and Oklahoma all have three winners, and Louisiana, Minnesota, Virginia, and Wisconsin have two each. Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah are also represented.
There’s more to Easter than eggs and candy — there are also Bloody Marys and mimosas! We jest (sort of), but, really, Easter Sunday is the ultimate dining day, with delicious options for lively brunches and dinners, specials, and super-fun extras for the under-12 set. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites in cities around the U.S. to give you an idea of how special the day can be when you spend it at a restaurant near you.
* Local Three, Atlanta, Georgia: Kids five and under eat free at Local Three, children 5-12 dine for half price, and there are not one but TWO Easter egg hunts. See all Easter specials in the Atlanta area.
* Odyssey Cruises, Boston, Massachusetts: While adults will like raising a complimentary glass of Champagne at brunch, the kids will love a visit from the Easter Bunny, a balloon artist, goodie bags, and an ice-cream sundae bar. See all Easter specials in the Boston area.
* 676 Restaurant and Bar, Chicago, Illinois: Keep your eye on the prize at the grand buffet at 676, which includes a mimosa on the house along with the chance to win a chef’s table for two with wine pairings. See all Easter specials in the Chicago area.
* Resto Gastro Bistro at Trinity Groves, Dallas, Texas: Dine with your dog and dive into the ‘make your own Bloody Mary’ bar at Easter brunch on RGB’s canine-friendly patio. See all Easter specials in the Dallas area.
* The Corner Office Restaurant and Martini Bar, Denver, Colorado: The kids can keep busy at a free Easter egg coloring station while the adults can take advantage of bottomless mimosas and a Bloody Mary bar at brunch. See all Easter specials in the Denver area.
* MAX’s Wine Dive-Washington Avenue, Houston, Texas: The Easter Bunny is in the house, or rather, on the menu at MAX’s: A rabbit mole with mashed potatoes and green beans awaits at dinner. See all Easter specials in the Houston area.
* Foundation Room House of Blues, Las Vegas, Nevada: Put your hands in the air at the House of Blues gospel brunch. And keep your eye out for a visit from the Easter Bunny who’ll be bearing sweet treats and prizes for children. See all Easter specials in the Las Vegas area.
* bambu Restaurant, Newport Beach, California: The lavish buffet at bambu features a ham carving station and a chocolate waffle station. Again, a chocolate waffle station, folks! See all Easter specials in the Los Angeles area.
* Tanzy, Boca Raton, Florida: Celebrate the day with a trip to Italy by way of chef Brian Nelson’s three-course artisan meal and “the hipster bunny.” We don’t know exactly what a hipster bunny is, but my guess is that he’s sporting skinny jeans. See all Easter specials in the Miami area.
* Faces Mears Park, St. Paul, Minnesota: There’s nowhere like Paris in the springtime, but the Easter Parisian brunch at Faces, which includes French desserts, may be the next best thing. See all Easter specials in the Minneapolis area.Continue Reading