With Mother’s Day around the corner, we’re excited to make it easier for Canadians to find the perfect place to celebrate mom with the 75 Best Brunch Restaurants in Canada. The awards reflect the combined opinions of more than 275,000 restaurant reviews submitted by verified OpenTable diners for approximately 1,700 restaurants across Canada.
The 75 Best Restaurants for Brunch list includes award winners from five provinces. Twenty nine Ontario restaurants, 18 Alberta restaurants, 14 British Columbia restaurants, ten from Québec and four from Manitoba made the list.
In addition to naming the 75 Best Restaurants for Brunch in Canada, OpenTable today released two sets of data on the Mother’s Day habits of Canadians. One set of findings is based on an online survey of 1,568 Canadians conducted between April 18, 2016, and April 21, 20161, while the other is based on reservations made for Mother’s Day 2015 in Canada through OpenTable.
Mother’s Day Canadian Online Survey Findings
Based on an online survey of 1,568 Canadians conducted between April 18, 2016, and April 21, 2016, OpenTable found that:
- Forty-seven per cent of Canadians who celebrate Mother’s Day will dine out to celebrate this year, on the second busiest dining day of the year across the country.
- Thirteen per cent of Canadians who celebrate Mother’s Day and dine out try different cuisines/restaurants in their own neighbourhood, while another 13 per cent surprise Mom with a different restaurant every year.
- Compared to Canadians aged 35 and older, millennials (18-34 years old) who celebrate Mother’s Day are most likely to find at least one part of the day stressful (70 per cent versus 52 per cent). As well, among Canadians who dine out, millennials are most likely to read reviews before selecting a restaurant for Mother’s Day versus Canadians 35 and older (17 per cent versus four per cent respectively).
- The most common stress experienced by Canadians who celebrate Mother’s Day is finding the perfect gift for mom or an activity that will make mom happy (25 per cent), followed by coordinating schedules so everyone can celebrate together (10 per cent).
OpenTable Canada Findings
Based on Canadian diner reservation data from Mother’s Day 2015, OpenTable found that:
- Canadians love brunch on Mother’s Day. According to OpenTable diner data, Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for brunch reservations. It’s also one of the busiest Sundays of the year to dine out, with three times more reservations booked as compared to an average Sunday.
- Canadians are procrastinators. Sixty-four per cent of Canadians wait until the week before Mother’s Day to make their reservation. Fifteen per cent of Canadians book their table on Mother’s Day.
- Mother’s Day is a family affair: It’s the largest group dining day of the year, with an average reservation size of four guests.
- Canadian OpenTable diners are adventurous on Mother’s Day. In 2015, 78 per cent of Canadian diners made a reservation on Mother’s Day at a restaurant that they had not booked on OpenTable before.
The 75 Best Brunch Restaurants in Canada are amassed from more than 275,000 restaurant reviews collected from verified OpenTable diners who dined at Canadian restaurants between April 1, 2015, and March 31, 2016. All restaurants with a minimum “overall” score and number of qualifying reviews were included for consideration. Qualifying restaurants were then sorted according to a score calculated from each restaurant’s average rating in the “brunch” category.
Based on this methodology, the 75 Best Brunch Restaurants in Canada according to OpenTable diners are as follows (in alphabetical order):Continue Reading