As we look forward to warm summer days and balmy nights, we are pleased to announce the 2013 Diners’ Choice Award winners for the Top 100 Outdoor Dining Restaurants in the United States. These awards reflect the combined opinions of more than 5 million reviews submitted by verified OpenTable diners for more than 15,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Winning restaurants, which include Geoffrey’s Restaurant in Malibu, California, Latitudes in Key West, Florida, and Plumeria Beach House in Kahala, Hawaii, are located in 15 states and the nation’s capital. California restaurants swept close to half the spots on the list with 42 winning restaurants. The island state of Hawaii followed with 20 top outdoor dining restaurants, and Florida was not far behind with 16 honorees. Arizona restaurants claimed five spots on the list and New York took three spots. Missouri, Rhode Island, and Texas each have two winners. Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. are also represented.
American fare was extremely popular, as were seafood and regional cuisines, including Hawaiian and Californian.
As we reflect on a fabulous year of fine dining, we are pleased to announce the 2012 Diners’ Choice Award winners for the Top 100 Best Restaurants in the United States. These awards reflect the combined opinions of more than 5 million reviews submitted by verified OpenTable diners for more than 15,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The list of winners, which includes Eleven Madison Park in New York City, Manresa in Los Gatos, Calif., and o ya in Boston, spans 27 states and Washington, D.C. California restaurants earned 24 spots on the list, followed by New York with 18 winners. Virginia boasts six winning restaurants, trailed by Arizona, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania with four honorees apiece. North Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, and Washington, D.C. all have three winning restaurants, while Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, and Ohio have two each. Connecticut earned a single spot, as did Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Restaurants serving American fare dominated the list; French cuisine is also strongly represented.
Happenings on and around OpenTable…
* We launched the OpenTable Restaurant Industry Index to serve as a benchmark for the restaurateur community and industry observers to track the growth of the industry. Don’t miss it!
* This week’s restaurant review trend? Fiddlehead ferns!
* What should parents do when a child begins crying in a restaurant? Vote in this week’s poll!
* Did you send the Tweet of the Week? Find out.
* Dine About Town San Francisco is set to return June 1st! Reserve early and often to taste the best of the Bay Area’s food scene.
* Restaurant Week in Arizona is coming soon. Don’t miss your chance to dine out for less!
* Reservations are now open for the 5th Annual Coral Gables Restaurant Week, which runs June 4-17, 2012. Make a reservation.