In anticipation of summer travel season, we’re thrilled to announce the launch of our redesigned OpenTable iOS app, enabling diners to more easily discover and book great dining experiences, from the hottest new restaurants to neighborhood gems.
The redesign features a new Discover tab, which allows traveling and local diners to discover more with a single tap by connecting them to new dining experiences, ranging from trending cuisines and popular restaurants to curated option such as “OpenTable Insider Picks,” which allows you to dine like a local even when you’re in another city.
“Whether you’re landing hungry on the tarmac in a new city or planning a last minute date night in your local neighborhood, OpenTable wants to be the dining concierge in your pocket,” said our own Christa Quarles, OpenTable Chief Executive Officer. “Dining has never been more mobile and our new app experience helps diners discover the perfect restaurant to satisfy every occasion, mood and craving whether they’re at home or on the road.”
The content presented on the Discover tab factors in elements like availability, popularity, proximity and personal favorites. It enables quick visual browsing of categories to get recommendations that will satisfy any taste. The recommendations are especially handy for local diners eager to explore something new and for travelers hoping to sink their teeth into amazing culinary experiences. New categories in the Discover tab include:
- New & Hot – Recently opened restaurants with high popularity scores
- Most Popular – Restaurants with the highest popularity scores
- My Favorites – Diner’s favorite restaurant list
- Special Features – Restaurants perfect for every occasion ranging from romantic to kid-friendly
- Near Me Now – Nearby restaurants with immediate availability
- Dinner Tonight – Restaurants with availability that night
- Editorial Picks – Restaurants nominated by local OpenTable Insiders and other industry experts.