Recent celebrity sightings at OpenTable restaurants…
Happenings on and around OpenTable…
* We’re celebrating the 2013 Diners’ Choice Award winners for Top 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in the U.S. Find out where to take your favorite date.
* There are just 9 more days to for restaurants to claim their FREE mobile site. Get yours today!
* What are OpenTable diners raving about in recent restaurant reviews? Avocado.
* Baltimore Restaurant Week: $20.13 or $30.13 dinners and $15.13 lunches, January 25-February 3. Book a table.
* Baltimore County Restaurant Week: $10.13-$30.15 lunches and $15.13 – $35.13 dinners, January 11-27. Book a table.
* dineLA: $15, $20, or $25 lunches and $25, $35, or $45 dinners, January 21-February 1. Book a table.
Food and dining news from around the web and the world…
* Don’t shoot. Some restaurants are banning food photography. [Business Insider]
* But if you insist on the point and click. Here are some tips for jerk-free restaurant food photography. [PopPhoto.com]
* Make no mistake. Or at least not these five mistakes that restaurant’s make with their websites. [SmallBizTrends.com]
* Pay your bill, pal. You may be able to use PayPal the next time your restaurant check comes. [Columbus Dispatch]
* Fancy feast. The top trends from the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco. [Mercury News]
* Shhhh! Here are some of New York’s most quiet restaurants. [Bloomberg]
The world has been righted — at least in one way. But, outside of that, we all observed how hard it is to make good fried chicken. That’s not entirely true, actually. Maybe if more of the cheftestants had actually attempted to make traditional fried chicken instead of, say, chicken cordon bleu? Anyway, here are some pertinent points. Spoilers ahead.
1. Josie’s response to Kristen’s leaving: “I feel heavy this morning.”
2. Mr. Katsuya Uechi (Katsuya) says, “Always think, ‘How do you make people who eat happy?'” I’m guessing by feeding them, but what do I know?
3. Just because Sheldon cooks Asian food does not mean he makes sushi. Jeez!
4. Josie says she throws sushi parties in which sushi is served on naked women. This does not sound at all sanitary.Continue Reading