At OpenTable, we’re huge fans of sriracha. So devoted to this spicy delight are we that my colleagues (Angie! Jeremy! Tori!) went into collective mourning — and obsessive hoarding — when the popular Huy Fong Foods sriracha, or rooster sauce, factory in California was temporarily shuttered. Thankfully, the factory is back in business, bringing bottles of this coveted condiment to slavish aficionados. Sriracha is frequently feted by foodies around the globe, earning its own strip on The Oatmeal, and it is the subject of a recent documentary film. A hot sauce said to have originated in Sri Racha in Thaliand, sriracha brings heat and a fine balance of acidity, salt, and sweet to any ingredient it meets and has been embraced by chefs looking to add a twist to many a familiar dish. Find out what OpenTable diners are saying about sriracha in recent OpenTable restaurant reviews.
* Birch & Barley, Washington, D.C.: ”I tried two of the Bloody Marys and ‘Enter the Dragon’ was easily the best Bloody Mary I’ve ever tasted. It had sriracha, people! Yes, your mouth will be on fire, but it will not stop you from devouring every drop.”
* Homestead on the Roof, Chicago, Illinois: ”Appetizers…mmmm. Chicken skins and sriracha sauce!!!”
* Linger, Denver, Colorado: ”The variety of menu items is outstanding, and I always love what we order. This last visit (rooftop for lunch) included the honey sriracha duck wings (drum sticks) that are out of this world delicious.”
* L&W Oyster Company, New York, New York: ”I went there because I’ve heard the best lobster roll in New York is there. i was not disappointed! It’s served with arugula, sriracha aioli, and bacon. How can you go wrong?”
* Max’s Wine Dive, Fort Worth, Texas: “The ketchup for the fries was enlivened with curry and sriracha.”
* Myers + Chang, Boston, Massachusetts: ”My dinner companions moved on to the ‘Bloodlust Margaritas.’ They were amazing, full of flavor, and perfectly complemented by a sriracha salt rim.”
* The Owl House, Rochester, New York: ”My husband and I each ordered the The ‘Hot Beav Burger.’ A chickpea, white bean, and chipotle Patty with sriracha strawberry jam, mayo, and crispy onions to top it off. So many flavors and just enough heat to keep it interesting.”