Thanksgiving — the best holiday in the world because it’s all about food — is less than a week away. We cannot wait, and based on these reviews, chefs and OpenTable diners can’t either. Turkey is getting tucked into everything from meatballs and pates to sandwiches and tacos — and more. Turkey is a terrific source of lean protein as well as iron, zinc, and B vitamins. Find out what OpenTable diners are saying about turkey lately.
* Butcher & the Boar, Minneapolis, Minnesota: “Don’t miss the wood-fired oysters or the turkey braunschweiger pate on the meat sampler plate.”
* Cafe Provence, Brandon, Vermont: “With Thanksgiving on my mind, I ordered the turkey pot pie. Much to my surprise, this amazingly tasty dish was filled with all of my Thanksgiving favorites. Tasty gravy with chunks of turkey, mashed and sweet potatoes, cranberry chutney, asparagus, stuffing — YUM!”
* Chuck’s Southern Comforts Cafe, Darien, Illinois: “Roast turkey with mole was savory and also fantastic.”
* Einstein’s, Atlanta, Georgia: “We have tried multiple things on the menu and continue to be impressed. The E=Grill (turkey club on French toast) is out of this world.”
* Jake’s, Palm Springs, California: The turkey BLT was excellent! Would definitely come back!”
* L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge, Lincolnwood, Illinois: “I was all set to order my favorite meal there when I thought I would give their special a try — BBQ turkey meatloaf. Let’s just say I have a new favorite meal now!”
* Mama Ricotta’s, Charlotte, North Carolina: “Turkey meatball was phenomenal. We were talking about going back for lunch the next day after the race, and we hadn’t even finished dinner!”