Having a holiday letdown? Looking for a way to banish the January blues? We’ve got the cure! Dig into delicious meals for less during a winter restaurant week near you.
Today’s Tweet of the Week comes from a diner whose sentiments I heartily share. I love the convenience of booking restaurant reservations on OpenTable almost as much as I love dining out. Thanks for the shout out, @miles_matthias!
Food and dining news from around the web and the world…
* New year, new food apps. Here are eight recommendations for ways to make your mobile device more delish. [Forbes]
* Restaurants will get more social in 2013. Find out which social channels you should tune in to to follow your fave places. [NRN]
* From the ‘Parents Behaving Badly’ files: A woman changes her baby’s diaper on a dining table at a restaurant. [Detroit News]
* Is counter service all it’s cracked up to be? Hanna Raskin thinks not. [Seattle Weekly]
* There’s a chef who’s hazing his fellow chefs in a very odiferous way. Guesses? [Jezebel]
More than a few folks I know have given up on watching Top Chef this season, but we’re going the distance, if only because there aren’t many episodes left.
1. Hey! It’s Bob Kramer. Whom I have never heard of. But apparently he’s a Master Bladesmith. I’m never sure who determines these things when they are contemporary distinctions, but, okay. Master Bladesmith!
2. The QFC is actually interesting this week as it involves real knife skills — sharpening, doing tournage, and taking down a rabbit.
3. If you ask 10 chefs how to sharpen a knife, you will get 10 different opinions.
4. John Tesar can turn potatoes like the seasoned pro he is, but it was not enough to carry his team of three.
5. Micah wins the QFC, which yields him a $4,000 knife and immunity.Continue Reading