It may be your mother’s mac and cheese. Or her Sunday gravy and meatballs. Perhaps it’s her chicken empanadas. Whatever the dish, many folks have a favorite meal that mom made best. In honor of mom and her culinary gifts, we’re giving away five $200 gift cards, May 6-10, 2013. To enter for a chance to win, follow @OpenTable on Twitter, tweet us the dish that nobody makes as great as mom — and then name a restaurant that serves the next best thing. For example:
* ‘#Nobodymakesitlikemom @OpenTable but @Craft_NewYork roasted chicken comes close.’
* ‘#Nobodymakesitlikemom @OpenTable but @ArtisanalBistro mac and cheese is pretty great.’
* ‘#Nobodymakesitlikemom @OpenTable but @DelPosto lasagne is my 2nd favorite’
* ‘#Nobodymakesitlikemom @OpenTable but @suenoschelsea tortilla soup is amazing.’
Be sure to use @OpenTable and #nobodymakesitlikemom in your tweet!
One entry per person per day, please. For full rules and regulations, see below.
OpenTable Nobody Makes It Like Mom Giveaway: Terms and Conditions
1. Introduction: OpenTable, Inc. (“OpenTable”) is offering the OpenTable Nobody Makes it Like Mom Giveaway (“Giveaway”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: The Giveaway is open to U.S. residents twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of OpenTable and its affiliated and subsidiary companies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter the Giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: The Giveaway begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, May 6, 2013, and ends at 5:00 p.m. ET on Friday, May 10, 2013 (the “Giveaway Period”).
4. How to Enter: During the Giveaway Period, follow @OpenTable on Twitter and share a favorite dish of your mom’s and a restaurant that makes it almost as delicious on Twitter with hashtag #nobodymakesitlikemom, and you’ll be entered into our Giveaway.
5. Winning: At the close of each business day during the Giveaway Period, one (1) winner will be randomly selected by OpenTable from among all eligible entries received. OpenTable’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. Potential winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter, and OpenTable will request your name, phone number and email. If a potential winner is unreachable for 24 hours after the first attempt to contact such winner, OpenTable may award the Prize to an alternate entrant.
6. Prize: Five (5) winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) will each be awarded a $200 American Express gift card (each, a “Prize”). OpenTable will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of any Winner’s acceptance or use of any Prize. No Prize is transferable. Winners will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. No cash, alternative prize or other substitution is permitted except by OpenTable in the event of Prize unavailability. All federal, state, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges on any Prize, and all other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidental expenses and gratuities, are the responsibility of the Winners. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed.
7. Conditions: OpenTable is not responsible for lost, late or unintelligible entries, lost connections, miscommunications, failed transmissions, other technical difficulties or failures. If, in OpenTable’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Giveaway, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Giveaway, OpenTable reserves the right in its sole discretion to void any entries at issue (including disqualifying any individual who tampers with the entry process), and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, OpenTable reserves the right to award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before the time of cancellation. By entering, participants release and hold harmless OpenTable and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, from any liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Giveaway or receipt or use and/or misuse of any prize. Entrants agree to indemnify OpenTable and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Giveaway. By entering this Giveaway you agree to the use and publishing of your name, photo, opinions, biographical information, state of residence and likeness and entry for promotional purposes, without payment or compensation to you (except where prohibited by law).
8. Governing Law: This Giveaway shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. The Federal and State courts located in the county of San Francisco, California will be the exclusive venue for any disputes under this Giveaway, and all entrants hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
9. Winners List: To view the list of winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 31, 2013, to: OpenTable, Inc., Attn: Marketing Department — OpenTable Nobody Makes It Like Mom Giveaway, 1 Montgomery Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94104.
10. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Giveaway is OpenTable, Inc., 1 Montgomery Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94104.