The 10th Annual San Diego Bay Food and Wine Festival kicks off on November 18, 2013, and runs through November 24th. The crossroads of classic cuisine, legendary wine, spirits, craft beer, and culinary all-stars, the San Diego Bay Food and Wine Festival features an array of cooking classes, food and wine tastings, exhibits, auctions, and more. Celebrity chefs, from San Diego’s own Brian Malarkey (Searsucker) to Top Chef Richard Blais (The Spence) – and many, many more, are helping celebrate the best of the San Diego Bay area’s food scene!
To celebrate, we’re giving away 10 pairs of tickets — two pairs a day for five days — to Passion for Fusion with Master Chef Peng S. Looi on Thursday, November 21, 2013, from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM at Macy’s School of Cooking. To enter, follow @OpenTable on Twitter (so we can direct message you if you’re the winner!) and send out a tweet that says, “I want to win the @SDBayWineFest Passion for Fusion giveaway on @OpenTable.” We’ll pick two tweets at random every day at the close of each business day, Thursday-Wednesday.
At the heart of all cuisine is fusion, where chefs become inventive with the mix and mingling of various flavors and traditions from all over the world. Balancing complex flavors to create an east-meets-west cuisine, Chef Looi will take you through a step-by-step journey into the depths of Asian fusion and show just how accessible it can be. This class demonstrates a simple approach to modern Asian cooking using regional ingredients and techniques. From Malaysia to India with a French twist, Chef Looi’s eclectic background incorporates east-west cuisine without borders. The menu includes baby arugula, pickled Asian pear and ginger vinaigrette; roasted hoisin + garam masala duck and mango chutney; and grilled lemongrass skirt steak and nyonya sauce.
Chef Looi has been a guest chef at the prestigious James Beard House multiple times and was a master chef at the World Gourmet Summit in Las Vegas and Dubai, UAE. He was invited by the Chefs Association of Malaysia, Malaysian Hotel Association and the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia, thrice to judge at the prestigious WACS sanctioned Culinaire Malaysia, the largest culinary competition in the South East Asian region.
Passion for Fusion San Diego Bay Food + Wine Festival Ticket Giveaway: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Introduction: OpenTable, Inc. (“OpenTable”) is offering the Passion for Fusion San Diego Bay Food + Wine Festival Ticket Giveaway (“Giveaway”). Passion for Fusion: Weekend’s Favorite Meal takes place on Thursday, November 21, 2013, from 11:30AM to 1:00PM at Macy’s School of Cooking (“Event”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: The Giveaway is open to all residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees (and their immediate families and household members, whether or not related) of OpenTable and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter the Giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: The Giveaway begins Thursday, November 14, 2013, at 12:00:01 AM PST and ends Wednesday, November 20, 2013, at 11:59:59 PM PST (the “Giveaway Period”).
4. How to Enter: To enter the Giveaway, during the Giveaway Period, follow @OpenTable on Twitter and send out a tweet that says, “I want to win the @SDBayWineFest Passion for Fusion giveaway on @OpenTable.” Limit one (1) submission per person per day. Proof of sending will not be considered proof of receipt. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
5. Drawing: At the close of each business day of the Giveaway Period, two (2) winners (each, a “Winner”) will be determined by a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. OpenTable’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway. Odds of winning depend on the actual number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by a direct message on Twitter. If a potential winner is unreachable for 24 hours after the first attempt to contact such winner or is unable to attend, OpenTable may award the Prize to an alternate entrant.
6. Prize: Each Winner will receive two tickets to Passion for Fusion on Thursday, November 21, 2013, from 11:30AM to 1:00PM at Macy’s School of Cooking, located in the Macy’s Home Store at 1555 Camino De La Reina, San Diego, California, 92108 (each, a “Prize”). OpenTable will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of any Winner’s acceptance or use of any Prize. Prize is non-transferable. Winners will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. No cash, alternative prize or other substitution is permitted except by OpenTable in the event of Prize unavailability. All federal, state, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges on any Prize, and all other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidental expenses and gratuities, are the responsibility of the Winners. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed.
7. Conditions: OpenTable is not responsible for lost, late, or unintelligible entries, lost connections, miscommunications, failed transmissions, other technical difficulties or failures. If, in OpenTable’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Giveaway, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Giveaway, OpenTable reserves the right in its sole discretion to void any entries at issue (including disqualifying any individual who tampers with the entry process), and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, OpenTable reserves the right to award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before the time of cancellation. By entering, participants release and hold harmless OpenTable and its promotional partners, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, from any liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Giveaway or receipt or use and/or misuse of any prize. Entrants agree to indemnify OpenTable and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Giveaway. By entering this Giveaway you agree to the use and publishing of your name, photo, opinions, biographical information, state of residence, likeness and entry for promotional purposes, without payment or compensation to you (except where prohibited by law).
8. Governing Law: This Giveaway shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. The Federal and State courts located in the county of San Francisco, California will be the exclusive venue for any disputes under this Giveaway, and all entrants hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
9. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Sweepstake is OpenTable, Inc., 1 Montgomery Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94104.
10. Winners List: Giveaway results and a copy of these official rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Passion for Fusion San Diego Bay Food + Wine Festival Ticket Giveaway,” OpenTable, Inc., 1 Montgomery Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94104. Results will be available November 20, 2013. Requests for results must be received by December 20, 2013.