Happenings on and around OpenTable…
* We launched the OpenTable Restaurant Industry Index to serve as a benchmark for the restaurateur community and industry observers to track the growth of the industry. Don’t miss it!
* This week’s restaurant review trend? Fiddlehead ferns!
* What should parents do when a child begins crying in a restaurant? Vote in this week’s poll!
* Did you send the Tweet of the Week? Find out.
* Dine About Town San Francisco is set to return June 1st! Reserve early and often to taste the best of the Bay Area’s food scene.
* Restaurant Week in Arizona is coming soon. Don’t miss your chance to dine out for less!
* Reservations are now open for the 5th Annual Coral Gables Restaurant Week, which runs June 4-17, 2012. Make a reservation.
* Cheers to the Bottlenotes Taste Around Town in Chicago. Taste wines from California, France and Spain perfectly paired with 3 courses at each participating restaurant. Reserve now.
* Don’t miss Chicago’s Culinary Crossroads. Enjoy a unique Chicago dining experience with an international flair as restaurants present special tasting menus or featured items inspired by the cuisines of the NATO nations. Reserve a table.
* Support the San Francisco chefs who support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign! Book a table to show you care about their commitment to the cause.
* And, we’re still hiring! We’re staffing up and looking for talented people to join our team. Check out openings in customer support, engineering, field operations, finance, IT and technical services, marketing, operations, and sales.
* Finally, we’re dimming all the lights over the loss of the lovely Donna Summer. OpenTable’s Tori Tsu is kicking some of Ms. Summer’s best songs at our San Francisco headquarters in her honor.