Happy almost-holidays, Top Chef fans. This week’s episode lacks the star power and the outrage evident in the last two episodes, but, thanks to Stefan Richter and Bart Vandaele, things stayed pretty amusing. Today’s takeaways from last night include:
1. Padma Lakshmi is seriously tall. I know many of you already know this, but last night she really looked as though she might trample Chef Stepanie Izard’s village or worse, Girl & The Goat!
2. Toss your pots and pans, space savers. Apparently, you can do anything with Reynolds Wrap.
4. Micah has a seriously super-sized ego, but I’m not sure he’s got the culinary prowess to match. At least we’ve not seen it yet.
5. Remember Portlandia’s great sketch “Put a Bird on It?” Bart Vandaele has a similar motto: Put a beer in it.
6. Kirsten is looking like the hands-down front runner on this show. She made a cake. In a QFC. This competition just got serious.
7. She also made a goat cheese custard FTW during the EC. This sounds downright gnarly to me, but that may be because I’m off dairy this week. And everything else that makes life worth living.
8. The Josie Show is not going to win this competition – and neither is the Josie food.
9. Speaking of Josie, she and Stefan go from Joanie Loves Chachi-type couch snuggle buddies to mortal enemies in one fell swoop. There go my hopes for a remake!
10. Next week, they’re featuring a roller derby team. Seriously? Roller derby is SO aughts!