Happenings on and around OpenTable this week…
* We’re feting the winners of the OpenTable 2011 Diners’ Choice Awards for Fit for Foodies restaurants. Find out which 50 restaurants earned awards — and which region swept the nation!
* Other opportunities to give back while dining out include Bay Area Dine Out for Meals on Wheels on October 4, Dine Out + Donate to StreetSmart 4 Kids in San Francisco from September 15 to November 15, and Dine Out Irene in New York on September 25, From the Bay, For the Bay Dine Out in Baltimore from October 2-9, and Chicago’s In Good Taste from October 1-31.
* Purchase tickets for the Women Chefs and Restaurateurs (WCR) “World Fare: A Street Food Festival” in Arlington, Virginia, on October 2, 2011, to enjoy fine fare and drink from the D.C. area’s best female chefs, brewers, sommeliers, farmers, bee keepers, cheese makers, food truck operators and more
* Restaurant Weeks happening this week include Arizona Restaurant Week, Discover Queens Restaurant Week, Center City District Restaurant Week, Flavor Palm Beach, Gwinnett Restaurant Week, Miami Spice, San Diego Restaurant Week, Silicon Valley Restaurant Week, and Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month.
* Looking ahead, reservations are now open for additional restaurant weeks, including Austin Restaurant Week, Delaware Dines Out, dineLA, Dine Out Lauderdale, Orange County Wine and Beer Week, Main Line Restaurant Week, and Seattle Restaurant Week.
* Still haven’t found of what type of diner you are? Stop waiting and start clicking! Take our quick quiz.