On the heels of the arrival of spring, our Diners’ Choice Awards are heating up! We are pleased to announce the 50 winners of the 2011 OpenTable Diners’ Choice Awards for the Top Hot Spot Restaurants. The list of winners is derived from 7 million+ reviews submitted by OpenTable diners for more than 12,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The winners, which include The Bazaar by José Andrés, Girl & the Goat, and The Standard Grill, clearly shows that new restaurants are making a big splash with diners while established restaurants are easily sustaining their incredible appeal. Los Angeles, City of Angels and celebrities, proved itself the city of hot spots, with 11 winning restaurants, while New York boasts eight winning hot spots. Ten restaurants from the Sunshine State, including six in Miami alone, were named top hot spots. And, in a surprise, the Midwest bested Sin City, with six winning restaurants in Chicago versus Vegas’s four honorees. The Twin Cities received twin honors, with two restaurants earning places on the list. Additional cities with wins include Boston, Charleston, Cincinnati, Portland, and Scottsdale, among others. Read the full list here.
In a nod toward OpenTable diners’ love of trying new restaurants, 15 of the winning restaurants are new, opening their doors within the past year. The Top 10 Hottest New Restaurants are, in order of popularity:
1. Beauty & Essex – New York, New York
2. Searsucker – San Diego, California
3. Lavo-NYC – New York, New York
4. Girl & the Goat – Chicago, Illinois
5. Cleo-SBE – Los Angeles, California
6. Kenmare – New York, New York
7. Towne Stove and Spirits – Boston, Massachusetts
8. Zuma Japanese Restaurant – Miami, Florida
9. Gilt Bar – Chicago, Illinois
10. The Hurricane Club – New York, New York