When you’re talking about food, the best predictor of the future just might be the past. Find out what awaits you on November 27th with this look at what last year’s Thanksgiving Day diners had to say about celebrating the holiday at restaurants around the nation. From the fabulous cuisine, hospitality, and leftovers (Yes, leftovers!) to the fact that none of these savvy celebrants had to cook or clean up, their experiences were amazing across the board.
* Briarhurst Manor, Manitou Springs, Colorado: ”Best Thanksgiving buffet!!!! We not only had turkey, but also duck, pheasant, lamb, oysters, and the most delicious sides and desserts. The food was plentiful and felt more like a large party than a typical buffet! I would recommend this 100%.”
* Brick & Bottle, Corte Madera, California: ”My husband and I could not have asked for more at this year’s Thanksgiving feast. The buffet tables were never crowded and always full of fresh, delectable dishes. All of the staff members were exceptionally friendly and festive, and every course was a delight. Thank you, Brick & Bottle, for making our Thanksgiving wishes come true; we’ll be back!”
* Chez Moi, Chicago, Illinois: ”We ordered from the prix-fixe Thanksgiving menu, and our food was so good that we shall definitely return to try dishes from the regular menu. Our waiter was wonderful: friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Even though we had many options for the holiday, we chose Chez Moi because of the chef, whose cooking we regularly sampled when he had been at the former Bistro 110. His pumpkin soup is the best I have ever enjoyed. Everything about this restaurant makes me want to return as soon as possible!”
* Columbia Restaurant, Celebration, Florida: ”My son, two grandchildre,n and I loved our Thanksgiving experience at Columbia Restaurant. The waiter was absolutely perfect, from his manner with the children to his impeccable service. The meal more than met our expectations, and there was no stress over the kids not wanting traditional Thanksgiving fare. An absolute winner to us, and we will return. We made the best choice for a family Thanksgiving on vacation!”
* Driskill Grill, Austin, Texas: ”Old west luxury enveloped us as we moved from the bar to the dinning room. The gracious staff helped us feel comfortable throughout the two-and-a-half hour dinner. The five-course Thanksgiving meal was filling and replete with the right holiday flavors. The kale salad started us off crisply and paved the way to the beet and goat cheese terrine. The rich pork belly, perfectly prepared, came next. I opted for the turkey roulade while my daughter had the black-rimmed, red interior beef tenderloin. Finally the Driskill version of a pumpkin pie escorted us to the end of our dinner. Can’t wait to get back to try their regular menu.”
* Founding Farmers, Potomac, Maryland: ”We went for the prix-fixe Thanksgiving dinner, and we were blown away. The food was delicious and so plentiful that we both brought home doggie bags. Our waitress was THE BEST!!!!!!!! She was super friendly and warm, very helpful, and yet never hovered too much. She made it such a festive, fun experience!”
* Mihoko’s 21 Grams, New York, New York: ”We came to 21 Grams for Thanksgiving dinner and we shall return for other celebration dinners in the future. The menu is so creative, and the fusion is perfection. The flavor balance is delicate and precise. Don’t miss a pre-dinner cocktail, we shared a “Vogue” which was smoky and delicious and since the staff knew we planned to share the drink it was served in two glasses. Such a lovely touch of class. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable. We had a really good time, and never felt rushed.”